3/21/10

The State vs. Radric Davis

I would like to starts off by admitting that Gucci Mane's new C.D., The State vs. Radric Davis, was actually impressive. The album has all the characteristic Gucci traits you would expect. The lyrics are for the most part simple and laughable. Like I've said before, I think Gucci Mane is thug, and I consider him worthy of street credit, so when all his songs are about him and other ridiculous claims I just laugh to myself because only Gucci Mane could do it. He makes up for any other criticism by always providing unique and catchy beats with a deep bass.
The first song "Classical" starts off with trans meditation chanting of Gucci and him rapping about himself. Needless to say I was laughing at this. Another song that I need to mention is "Lemonade." It is 4 minutes and 6 seconds of yellow. The song is too much to be able to describe with anything other than the lyrics which can be summed up with this verse:
Canary yellow lemon watch, big bird yellow top
Yellow Polo, Polo, slippers white and yellow polo socks
Gucci Mane be pumpin dawg, he don't got all he say he got
Just stash one Lemon homie, I can supply them the 50 glocks
Yellow boat parked at the dock, Yellowbone gon' make it drop
Flip da flop mine up the top, then go buy me a yellow yacht
The video for this song is just as hysterical; It is obviously a play on yellow with a Sin City-like color scheme and has beautiful yellow cars, girls, chains, watches, clothes and shoes which he flaunts about without hardly swaying from where he's leaning. The video classically ends with a fade out on Gucci Mane yawning. Consequently I was left in a fit of LOL (yes I just said that). Only Gucci Mane.
The rest of the album is stereotypical rap, all about himself, money, women and drugs. Gucci raps on beat and with decent flow, constantly dropping his classics: "Gucci," "So Icy," and "Burr." He combines talents with a range of artists including Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, and Usher.
On Hip-Hop DX, an album review blog site, Andrew Noz write, "But maybe this is purposeful. The State vs. Radric Davis is neither a grand statement nor an empty radio concession. It's just a solid collection of Rap songs" about the new album." I agree that its not the most influential or epic album, but with two songs already gaining recognition, it wont be long till everyone has this album. I look forward to see what crazy video he puts out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment