3/21/10

Gucci Mane, so icy boy, shining like a lightening bolt


It would be reasonable to say that I hardly find rappers that I truly respect. Most rappers seem to articulate through their songs how 'gangster' and 'thug' they are. I say prove it! That is just what rapper Gucci Mane has done. Though I admit that his talent is amusing at best, he has risen to my challenge and passed with flying colors.
Born Radric Davis in Birmingham, Alabama in 1980, Gucci Mane sold cocaine during college; he was later busted and lost his scholorship. In May of 2005, Gucci Mane was attacked with his crew in a house. During the assault a member from the attackers was shot and killed my Gucci Mane's crew; his body was later found by a nearby middle school. Speculation has been drawn that the attackers were provoked from a legal altercation concerning the rights to the 'So Icy' song that he produced with Young Jeezy. It is rumored that the attackers were sent by Young Jeezy to steal Gucci Mane's infamous Bart Simpson chain and during the altercation it was Gucci Mane that actually did the killing.
Perhaps the most ridiculous of the public instances that I'm aware of has to be during a performance by Gucci. In the middle of his set, a lady from the audience is too close to the sound box and bumps it on accident, causing the song to skip a bit. Gucci Mane is audible saying that she needs to watch out. The girl ignores him and turns her back. What happens next is almost too ridiculous to understand. Gucci Mane pushes the girl forward, she attempts to get in his face as body guards surround her, then from behind the camera Gucci runs into the frame, jumps into the air, and lands a sucker punch right to her face. Video here.
Now I definitely cannot say that I support anyone of these things, so for the record, I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY OF THESE THINGS. I would just like to say that Gucci Mane is one crazy character and continues to surprise me every day. I think his a tad bit off the wall and definitely insane, but for all that I support him as a rapper because his music is just like him, entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment